Council is running a Marlborough Litter Project (MLP) across 2017 and 2018.
Why Are We Doing This?
- To understand the ways in which litter service provision is currently implemented across the Marlborough region.
- To understand the ways in which community members help to keep Marlborough tidy through voluntary community initiatives.
- To understand the ways in which litter service delivery has changed over time.
- To appreciate the expectations that Council has of the community and the community has of council with regards to litter service provision.
- To understand what the real cost of keeping Marlborough tidy is, through existing service provision and voluntary contribution.
How Will We Do It?
- We are going to meet with Council staff, contractors and members of the community to understand how they help to keep Marlborough tidy.
- We will look at existing data on litter service provision.
- We will look at where littering occurs.
- We will talk to communities across the region about their views on litter.
What We Hope to Achieve
- To gain a broad understanding of how we deal with litter within the Marlborough region.
- To collate this information into an action plan for the Marlborough region.
- To share the information gathered with the Marlborough community.
- To liaise with the national Litter Less Recycle More programme and to contribute to the re-launch of the Be a Tidy Kiwi campaign.
If you pick up or observe litter in your local community tells us about it in the drop boxes below.