To be eligible to vote in the 2016 Council Elections you must be enrolled on either the residential or ratepayer roll. This page explains the process.
You are eligible to enrol on the residential roll if you:
- are 18 years of age or older; and
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident; and
- have lived in New Zealand continuously, at any time, for one year or more; and
- have lived at your current address for more than one month.
All parliamentary electors are automatically enrolled on the local body residential roll at the address where they live. A confirmation card will be issued to all parliamentary electors during July 2016.
Electors may enrol or amend their enrolment details on the residential electoral roll by:
- completing an enrolment form available at PostShops, libraries and Council offices; or
- calling 0800 ENROL NOW (0800 36 76 56); or
- visiting the Elections website (www.elections.org.nz).
If a person is on the parliamentary roll in one area and pays rates on a property in another area, they may be eligible to be enrolled on the non-resident ratepayer roll. A firm, company, corporation or society paying rates on a property, may nominate one of its members or officers as a ratepayer elector (providing the nominated person and the nominee both reside outside the area).
Non-resident ratepayer enrolment forms are available:
- at Council offices in Blenheim and Picton;
- from the Electoral Officer (phone 03 520 7400)
- by downloading the form Enrolment Form for Ratepayer Electors below
Enrolment Form for Ratepayer Electors (43 Kb)
Inspecting the Rolls
Preliminary electoral rolls can be inspected at Council offices, libraries and NZ PostShops from 15 July 2016 to 12 August 2016.
Final electoral rolls, used to post out voting documents to electors, can be inspected at Council offices, libraries and NZ Post Ltd Outlets from 12 September 2016.
15 Seymour Street, Blenheim.
67 High Street, Picton.
Marlborough District Library, 33 Arthur Street, Blenheim.
Havelock Community Library, C/O Havelock School, 47 Main Road, Havelock.
Ward School Community Library, C/O Ward School, Duncan Street, Ward.
Blenheim NZ Post & Kiwibank, 3 Scott Street, Blenheim.
Springlands NZ Post & Kiwibank, 131 Middle Renwick Road, Springlands.
Spring Creek Four Square, 2226 State Highway 1, Spring Creek.
Newman Graphics, 60 High Street, Renwick.
RD1 Rai Valley, 6781 State Highway 6, Rai Valley.
Picton Central NZ Post & Kiwibank, 1/100 High Street, Picton.
Seddon Supervalue, 3 Mills Street, Seddon.