The Awatere Valley Road has reopened.
The road is open to the public including heavy vehicles up to Class 1.
Drivers are advised that:
- The road still requires many repairs and people should drive with the utmost care
- There may be delays as contractors are still working on the road
- They must be alert for stock wandering on the road
- Much of this route is unsealed, with some very steep sections and some very high precipices. Extreme care is required
- There are still a lot of quake-related cracks yet to be filled, meaning this route is not easy driving
Access to Molesworth
Please note, while the Awatere Valley Road is open to all class 1 vehicles, the Molesworth is unsuitable for vehicles over 7 metres in length.
Moleseworth Station information on Department of Conservation website: