Find it - search the database
There are several ways you can search, as follows:
- If you want a specific organisation: enter all or part of the name of the group in the first box (labelled 'enter your keyword(s)…'), then choose 'organisation name' in the drop-down menu; and click on the 'search' box.
- If you want a more general search – then enter your keyword or keywords in the first box, then choose 'keyword' in the drop-down menu; and click on the 'search' box.
- If you are not sure of a spelling or want to broaden your search, you can put $ at the end of a keyword when searching. For example: if you put Hall$, it will find Hall or Halls or anything starting Hall. If you put Christ$, it will find anything with Christ or Christmas or Christchurch or Christian or Christianity or anything starting with Christ. Note: The searches above are undertaken by keyword rather than category so adding the $ after the word means you will get a better search result.
- If you want a list from a sector group, then click on one of the categories in the box towards the bottom of the page (labelled 'browse by category'). This should bring up all the organisations fitting this category.
- Searches using 'AGM date' or 'last updated' on the drop-down menu are mostly for in-house use by library or Council staff. 'AGM date' will find organisations with a particular month for their organisation e.g; February or July. If you want to search organisations by when they were last updated, then you can use 'last updated' in the drop-down menu. Put in month or year or both; then click on 'search'.