The purpose of the fund is to encourage youth (5 to 18 years) participation in local sports competition for those in rural areas.
All applications must be made on Council’s online application form so that all organisations are meeting the same requirements for supplying information for consideration.
Please ensure you read the guideline document for information about eligibility prior to making your application.
Note the following points for funding criteria:
- The funding is not to be provided for the purpose of travel to regional or national events or to practice sessions.
- Applicants must contribute 50% of the total cost to be eligible.
- The Grants Committee have set the per kilometre rate at 50 cents to allow equity for all applications.
- Funding is not available to individuals.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applying for a Sports NZ Rural Travel Fund Grant
The most recent grant round closed on 19 February 2021.
Accounting for your Grant
Accountability for funding received needs to be provided by grants recipients to be eligible for future funding. The following form is required to be completed and returned for every grant allocated.