What is Marlborough Youth Council?
The Marlborough Youth Council (MYC) is made up of a team of diverse young people of secondary school age, from varying backgrounds and ethnic origins.
They share a desire to make a difference for the region of Marlborough.
What does it do?
Marlborough Youth Council aims to encourage youth to get involved in community affairs and events.
They meet monthly to discuss youth issues, gain valuable skills and learn about local government while they’re at it.
They contribute to Marlborough District Councils’ decision-making by providing a youth perspective.
What MYC has achieved in 2017
- Submitted to Council’s 2017/18 Annual Plan based on youth-specific concerns.
- Held biennial Youth Civic Awards
- Supported Peer Support training in schools
- Contracted MYT to run regular Youth events & programmes including:
- CACTUS & PCT
- Music concerts
- Various youth specific events
How to get involved
In February of each year selections are made for up to twenty young people to be on the Youth Council. You can apply by completing this application and returning it or emailing it to:
by Friday 16 February 2018
What commitment will I be making?
You must be:
- Able to attend monthly meetings held from 12.00-2.00 pm on differing days throughout the week (Mon-Fri), along with working group meetings, (usually after school), as required
- Able to attend 80% of the meetings
- Proactive and positive
- An active member, willing to share the workload outside of meetings
You can apply for a position on Youth Council using the form below.
If you’ve any questions or queries, please contact Lyne Reeves, Community Development Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 520 7448.