The Community Projects Fund
Council allocates a percentage of the annual Small Townships budget (around $50,000) for small, low cost infrastructure projects on outdoor public spaces.
Any organisation or group that represents a small township or community in Marlborough can apply. This does not include Blenheim and Picton/Waikawa whose projects are funded differently, or townships that are on the Small Townships Programme.
The criteria that will be used to assess the applications will be whether the project:
- Improves an outdoor public space
- Includes a high level of community involvement and support.
- Is able to be completed within one year
- Best meets the objectives of the programme to:
- Design a liveable town with an attractive central space
- Allow freedom of movement, connectivity and accessibility
- Strengthen a sense of place and unique local identity
- Enhance the use, enjoyment and pride in outdoor public spaces.
For more information or to discuss your ideas contact our Small Townships Project Manager: