Insurance Requirements


Roads around Marlborough continue to be affected by slips and closures

See all our alerts

Share this page


Insurance Requirements

You need to arrange your own liability insurance cover for your event. Your event is not covered by Council, and Council will not accept any liability for claims that may arise as a result of an event. Contact your insurance company for advice.

Specialised event insurance may include:

  • Event cancellation
  • Earthquake cover
  • Adverse weather
  • Non-appearance cover for entertainers