Noise Control


Roads around Marlborough continue to be affected by slips and closures

See all our alerts

Share this page


Noise Control

If you are using a public address system or amplified music, there may be noise issues. If Council receives a noise complaint during your event, it will investigate. If the noise is subjectively assessed as unreasonably interfering with peace, comfort and convenience, Council may make a request for the noise to be reduced to a reasonable level. Any requests by a warranted noise control officer to reduce the noise should be complied with immediately.

It is a good idea to drop leaflets to neighbouring residents and businesses well in advance of the event giving them details including what the event is, where and when it is being held, who it is aimed at, how long it is likely to last and the sort of noise you expect to make.

To find out about noise restrictions in the District Plan and how they might impact your event, contact Marlborough District Council on phone: 03 520 7400.