A draft Marlborough Regional Events Strategy has been developed for 2020 - 2022. This Strategy has been developed in consultation with the Marlborough tourism and event sectors and key partners. It builds on the current 2016 - 2019 Strategy maintaining the workload achieved to date, building on the lessons learned from its implementation whilst developing new ideas and goals.
As with previous iterations, whilst managed and implemented by Marlborough District Council’s Regional Events Advisor, the Strategy requires a collective, collaborative approach with goals and actions for all key partners. It is intended to be aligned with and supported by the following regional strategies/frameworks:
- Smart+Connected Visitor Economy Strategy (Destination Marlborough)
- Council’s Economic Development Performance Measurement Framework
- Business Events Marlborough Strategy (Destination Marlborough)
What’s New for the 2020 - 2022 Strategy?
- Updated aspirational, long-term vision for Marlborough ‘to be recognised as a premier destination for events’
- Stronger, strategic focus on a collaborative, regional approach
- Actions for community events
- Inclusion of funding information
- Updated Strategy aims
The Draft Marlborough Regional Events Strategy 2020 - 2022 is now available for public consultation (hard copies are available from Marlborough District Council).
Please provide feedback by 5.00 pm on Friday 17 January 2020 by completing the online feedback form , emailing Council’s Regional Events Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Marlborough District Council, PO Box 443, Blenheim 7240.