The Sport and Recreation Community Activity Fund is open to event organisers or local clubs and organisations to help create small sport and community activities that are of low cost to participants and encourage involvement and physical activity. Examples of potential applications could be:
- A youth organisation organising a fun day
- An event organiser wanting to create a new family-friendly, low cost component to an existing event
- Seed funding for a new activity
- This is an annual contestable fund with $30,000 available for allocation
- There is one funding round per annum
- The activity must be held within the Marlborough District Council boundaries
- While this funding is available on an annual basis, it does not mean that all funds must be distributed each year
Applications will be considered by a decision-making panel chaired by Councillor Nadine Taylor.
The 2020/21 funding closed on Friday 30 April 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact: