Outdoor Sports Facilities Plan 2010
In 2010 the Council developed the Outdoor Sports Facilities Plan (OSFP). The OSFP provided the Council with a framework for decision making in developing, upgrading or otherwise providing for outdoor sporting facilities. A significant number of the recommendations from the OSFP have been completed or commenced over the past 10 years as follows:
- An upgrade of Lansdowne Park, including:
- Relocation of netball from Horton Park and the development of 15 new netball courts.
- Development of a skin softball diamond and other grass diamonds.
- Construction underway for a multi-use sports hub facility.
- Upgrade of cricket nets at Horton Park.
- Master planning work completed on potential wider upgrade of Horton Park for cricket.
- The development of a Sportsville (code-sharing) Policy in 2016.
- Development of a bike skills area at Oliver Park.
- Feasibility study completed on potential facility development at A & P Park.
- Re-location of equestrian activities to Bothams Bend.
A copy of the OSFP can be viewed below.
Sports Facilities Strategic Plan 2021-2031
Earlier this year the Council began reviewing the OSFP. Both indoor and outdoor facilities were considered through the review. Initial survey work with sporting groups and others helped form some early views about where facilities needed to be provided or upgraded. This was followed up with workshops with stakeholders to explore key emerging themes.
A draft plan has now been prepared and is available for wider community feedback. Some of the key aspects identified in the draft plan include:
- Importance of supporting investment in sports hubs.
- Facilitating increased shared use of existing facilities.
- Creating enhanced public amenity facilities to serve both sporting communities and the wider public.
- Increasing the capacity of floodlit fields for winter sports codes.
- Maximising wider community value from the Combined Schools’ Project.
A copy of the draft Sports Facilities Strategic Plan 2021-2031 can be viewed here.
Please complete either the online submission form on this page, or, alternatively, print and complete the PDF submission form. Do not complete both.
Submissions close 5.00 pm 29 January 2021.
If you would like to talk with someone about the review please contact: