Alcohol Licences


August Weather Event 2022

Information relating to the recent weather event in Marlborough

Share this page


Alcohol Licences

Go directly to alcohol licence forms

About the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012

The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 has replaced the Sale of Liquor Act 1989. It introduces a new system to control the sale and supply of alcohol in New Zealand to help ensure that:

  • The sale, supply and consumption of alcohol is undertaken safely and responsibly
  • That harm caused by the misuse of alcohol is minimised

More Information

Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012

The Ministry of Justice website

Marlborough District Council is the District Licensing Committee for the Marlborough region and issues alcohol licences and managers’ certification to suitable applicants.

Find out here if you need a licence, what types of licences there are, and how to apply.

If you have any questions, contact the Alcohol Administration Officer at Marlborough District Council.

Go to the contact us page

Types of Licences

Alcohol Licensing

To sell or provide alcohol to the public you must have an alcohol licence.