Please note: From Monday 31 August, if you are using public transport a face covering is a mandatory requirement at Alert Level 2 or above.
For Marlborough this will mean all buses, but not the inter-island ferries.
There are exceptions however.
Under Alert Level 2 all off-peak services in Blenheim, Picton and Renwick will continue to operate between 9.00 am and 3.00 pm as normal.
Council’s full bus service will resume after Queen’s Birthday weekend, Tuesday 2 June 2020..
Travel on Council’s bus services will continue to be free of charge until the end of June to protect the health and safety of drivers by limiting passenger interaction and removing the need to handle cash.
If you are taking the bus you can help keep yourself and others safe by following this advice:
- Sit next to people you know, otherwise keep the seat next to you free
- Follow the on-board guidance and maintain physical distancing from those you don’t know whilst on board, and keep 2 metres distance while waiting for services
- Comply with any temporary barriers and seat signage indicating where you are allowed to sit
- Keep track of your journey and a record of what service you were on and where you sat, for the purpose of contact tracing
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after taking public transport