The process of changing a building consent once granted


Roads around Marlborough continue to be affected by slips and closures

See all our alerts

Share this page


The process of changing a building consent once granted

A building must be constructed in accordance with the consented plans and specifications.

See MBIE information on building to the consent

If you want to make changes you need to inform Building Control, as change requires either an amendment or Minor Variation prior to that piece of work commencing. Building Control has 20 working days in which to process these changes. For further information on making changes to your building consent please clifollow the link below:

Making changes to your plans

For minor changes to the building consent, a minor variation to your building consent will be required. This can be applied for by sending a request and all the necessary information (including the minor changes clearly identified) to the Duty Building Control Officer, who will then process the Minor Variation.

Email Duty Building Control Officer

Please note that both Amendments and Minor Variations are charged for.

See information on building services fees