When can I start building work?


COVID-19 Orange level information

Marlborough is at the Orange level of the COVID-19 Protection Framework (the traffic light system). See information relating to Council services under this alert level.

Share this page


When can I start building work?

You are able to start building work once a building consent has been granted. Keep in mind though that if a resource consent is required for the proposed building work, then the building consent will be granted with the condition that no building work may commence, or only a limited amount of building work can proceed, until the resource consent has been granted.

A set of the approved consented documents should be kept on site at all times and must be available at the time of inspections. It will be your responsibility to ensure there is a paper copy of the consent on site. If the documents are not on site then the inspection may not be undertaken.