Will I need a resource consent?


Roads around Marlborough continue to be affected by slips and closures

See all our alerts

Share this page


Will I need a resource consent?

Sometimes a resource consent, under the Resource Management Act 1991, will also be required.

For example if the height of your proposed building exceeds prescribed limits or if the use of the building is non-complying for the zone the building is to be located in.

There is a separate process and forms for applying for a resource consent. It is important to understand that the project will not be allowed to commence if a resource consent is required. Click on the links below.

Find out if you need a resource consent

Go to Marlborough District Council Resource Consents web page