Licensed Premises


Marlborough is at Orange

Marlborough is at Orange level of the Covid-19 Protection Framework (the traffic light system).

Share this page


Licensed Premises

Food Premises

Visit the food premises page for detail

Food business registration forms

Alcohol Licensing

Businesses who wish to sell alcohol must obtain an alcohol licence.

If you want to hold an event where you sell or supply alcohol you will need a special licence in order to provide alcohol.

Visit the alcohol licences page for detail

Other Licences

Other types of registered premises and services provided by the Marlborough District Council's Environmental Health Officers include the licensing of:

  • Hairdressers
  • Offensive trades
  • Camping grounds
  • Funeral directors

Information on establishing a new business/ facility and on the legislative requirements associated with registration and licensing is available during normal office hours from the Environmental Health Team.

These premises require annual registration and officers undertake regular inspections of the premises to ensure ongoing compliance with requirements.

A completed application form must be submitted and then an environmental health officer will contact you for a pre-registration inspection. You may not open until registration is completed. An application fee is required to be submitted with the application.


Fees can be found under:

Environmental Health Fees


Premises connected to Council waste water services will possibly require tradewaste consent and a backflow preventer to be installed.

Visit the utilities page for Backflow and Sewage-tradewaste information.

Registration Forms