Permits and Licences

Share this page


Permits and Licences

Services provided by the Marlborough District Council's Environmental Health Officers include the registration and licensing of:

  • Food premises
  • Hairdressers
  • Offensive trades
  • Camping grounds
  • Funeral directors
  • Mobile shops
  • Hawkers
  • Itinerant traders
  • Premises where liquor is sold

Information on establishing a new business/storage facility and on the legislative requirements associated with registration and licensing is available during normal office hours from a Council Environmental Health Officer.


Fees for registration and licensing can be found under:

Environmental Health Fees

Fact Sheets

Complaints on health nuisances

Additional services include investigation of complaints on health nuisances such as:

  • Noise (see link below)
  • Insanitary/overcrowded housing
  • Odours
  • Smoke
  • Litter
  • Pests/vermin

Go to the Noise Control page

Environmental Health Officers also administer and enforce Council bylaws.