The Marlborough Class 4 Venues and Racing Board Venues Policy is under review.
Read the proposed policy and have your say on the changes being proposed.
Under the Gambling Act 2003 and the Racing Act 2003 Council can approve consents for class 4 (pokie machine) gambling venues and standalone racing board venues (TAB). Both Acts require the Council to adopt a policy and that it be reviewed in accordance with the special consultative procedure.
Significant changes to the policy include the following:
- A relocation clause added for existing venues to apply for relocation due to uncontrollable circumstances providing they meet other requirements of the policy.
- A proposed new cap of 240 gaming machines.
- A set application fee of $290.00 for a maximum processing time of two hours and an hourly charge thereafter of $145.00.
Anyone can make a submission and your submission can support or oppose the proposals. Your submission should clearly state:
- The part and point of the proposed policy the submission relates to
- Whether you support or oppose the provision
- The reasons for supporting or opposing the provision
- Whether or not you wish to be heard in support of your submission
The deadline for submissions is 5.00 pm 11 December 2017.
For further information email email@example.com
You can make a submission online using the online submission form at the bottom of this page.
Alternatively you can print the PDF submission form, or collect a form from Council offices. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, submit by hand, or post to the Picton or Blenheim Council offices, PO Box 443, Blenheim 7240.
15 Seymour Street
67 High Street