What happens if I subdivide?


COVID-19 Alert Level 2 information

See information and updates relating to Council services during Alert Level 2 - including our offices, customer service centres and online services.

Share this page


What happens if I subdivide?

If you are subdividing and the existing entranceway stays with the existing house, new RAPID numbers will only be required for the new lots.

If the existing entranceway services one of the new lots, this lot will retain the RAPID number and the existing house plus any other new lots will need to apply for a new RAPID number.

This is because the RAPID number is based on a measured distance along a road. If the entranceway is shifted, a new number is required.