When is the next event?
The next Second-hand Sunday is scheduled for 11 February 2018.
What is Second-Hand Sunday?
Second-Hand Sunday is a chance to give away household items you no longer want. You can also collect items you want from others for free.
What items you can put out
You can put out any items except food and dangerous goods (chemicals, faulty electrical equipment, firearms) and definitely no rubbish.
What you need to do
- Put the sign (grey leaflet) on your letterbox so people know you have items to give away
- Put the items together in a neat pile, either at your letterbox or next to your driveway
- At 1.00 pm remove the sign and pack up any items not taken
- It's your responsibility to remove anything not taken. If you leave it outside your property boundary then you are in breach of the dumping rubbish bylaw
Tips for collectors of Second-Hand Sunday stuff
- Only take items from properties advertised and where the Second-Hand Sunday sign is displayed
- Only collect between 10.00 am and 1.00 pm - no earlier
- Do not enter the property; the items should be at the front gate
- We recommend that you check anything you collect to make sure it's safe
A Smart Map link will be provided showing properties participating in Second-Hand Sunday.
What to do with the leftover stuff
After 1.00 pm you must take the items back inside your property.
If you want to get rid of them, go to the Re-use Shop or a transfer station.
Registrations close 1.00 pm Friday 9 February 2018.