Council is running a Marlborough Litter Project (MLP) across 2017 and 2018.
Why are we doing this?
- To understand the ways in which litter service provision is currently implemented across the Marlborough region
- To understand the ways in which community members help to keep Marlborough tidy through voluntary community initiatives
- To understand the ways in which litter service delivery has changed over time
- To appreciate the expectations that Council has of the community and the community has of Council with regards to litter service provision
- To understand what the real cost of keeping Marlborough tidy is, through existing service provision and voluntary contribution
How will we do it?
- We are going to meet with Council staff, contractors and members of the community to understand how they help to keep Marlborough tidy
- We will look at existing data on litter service provision
- We will look at where littering occurs
- We will talk to communities across the region about their views on litter
What we hope to achieve
- To gain a broad understanding of how we deal with litter within the Marlborough region
- To collate this information into an action plan for the Marlborough region
- To share the information gathered with the Marlborough community
- To liaise with the national Litter Less Recycle More programme and to contribute to the re-launch of the Be a Tidy Kiwi campaign
If you pick up or observe litter in your local community, tell us about it in the form below.