The Marlborough Navigation Safety Bylaws are changing.
Read the draft bylaws and have your say on the changes being proposed.
Significant changes include the following:
- A requirement to wear a lifejackets in vessels under six metres in length
- Compulsory registration of jet skis
- New requirements regarding the carriage of communication equipment
Council has bylaws to regulate maritime and navigation safety in the waters of Marlborough and is required to review the bylaws regularly.
We are proposing that we replace the Navigation Bylaw 2009 with a plain English version and update it to:
- Take into account legislative and technological change such as the promulgation of the maritime Rules Chapter 91
- Remove the provisions relating to commercial vessels and replace them with Harbour Master Directions
- Remove duplication
- Include missing provisions and powers
Anyone can make a submission and your submission can support or oppose the proposals. Your submission should clearly state:
- The part and point of the proposed bylaw the submission relates to
- Whether you support or oppose the provision
- The reasons for supporting or opposing the provision
- Whether or not you wish to be heard in support of your submission
The deadline for submissions was 5.00 pm 31 October 2017.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can make a submission online using the submission form below.