- Job Type Full Time
- Location Blenheim
The Top of the South, including Blenheim and all of Marlborough is booming. MDC is constantly striving to improve the quality of life for the people who live, work and play in our beautiful region.
Currently, MDC has the opportunity to progress a variety of projects. This includes developments in library facilities, parks and sports fields, the revitalisation of the CBD and developing Council subdivisions. To get the maximum benefit for our community, our economy and our visitors we need an experienced manager with a pedigree of successfully completed projects to lead these and similar projects.
If you can combine big picture thinking with detailed monitoring of compliance; diplomacy with tenacity; and community mindedness with your commercial acumen, we would like to hear from you.
To be considered for this legacy building opportunity, you need:
- Significant experience in managing large scale projects (preferably in excess of five years)
- A proven track record of delivering projects safely, in spec, on time, in budget, and compliant
- A working knowledge of applicable New Zealand legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- An ability to work with communities and in a political environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including proven success in positive leadership
- Creativity, initiative and energy and the ability to maximize the potential of each and every project
Applicants with relevant tertiary qualifications and experience, particularly in project management or similar are preferred.
Applications should be made online via our website and close on 14 July 2017.