- Job Type Full Time
- Location Blenheim
Marlborough District Council is investing in Marlborough’s future by striving to provide the people of Marlborough with a great quality of life and a healthy natural environment.
Do you want to become part of a committed team that has great values? Do you have an interest in the natural environment and, more especially, a strong interest in hydrology and environmental monitoring? Then Marlborough District Council has an exciting new role that will interest you.
As the Environmental Systems and Data Analyst you will play a vital role in monitoring data systems to make data digitally available in accordance with the National Environmental Monitoring Standards.
You will be responsible for the coordination, development, and continuous improvement of environmental policy, data standards and procedures. You will also be responsible for the design and implementation of data quality procedures and techniques for environmental data.
For this role you will require:
- A tertiary qualification in information management, resource management, relevant science discipline, or relevant experience.
- A high degree of computer literacy including programming, configuration, and management of software and databases.
- Considerable relevant experience in monitoring systems, information systems, information communication and quality assurance systems
- A high level of project management experience
- Sound knowledge of environmental issues in the region.
Advanced knowledge of the following tools will be preferred:
- Hydrotel Telemetry Software
- Hilltop Time Series Management Software
- LAWA Website.
You will also be a strong team player with excellent time management skills. You will have strong fault finding and problem solving skills.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 23 October 2018
For further information you are welcome to contact email@example.com.
Applying for this role
Please complete and submit the online application form. Please submit a sample of work along with your application.
Note: a hard copy application form is available on request. For a copy please contact our Customer Service team.
For further information on applying for a position at Marlborough District Council see:
Future correspondence to you will be by email.
Use the download link below to download a full job description.