Marlborough Regional Forestry (Joint Committee)

Alerts

COVID-19 Alert Level 2 information

See information and updates relating to Council services during Alert Level 2 - many Council facilities are now open, including our offices and customer service centres.

Share this page

Sharing...

Marlborough Regional Forestry (Joint Committee)

Council owns 88.62% of the forestry estate and KDC owns the remaining 11.38%. The primary aim of production forest management is to create a resource that will maximise utilisation and provide the best financial return from the predominantly radiata pine forests.

  • Clr Gerald Hope (Chairperson)
  • Clr Francis Maher
  • Kaikōura District Council representative
  • Forestry representative (Leo Jelinek)

Merill and Ring (M&R) Forestland Management Limited conducted a forest management plan on behalf of Marlborough Regional Forestry. This management plan has been produced in accordance with our commitment to the good Environmental Principles. It contains Merrill and Ring’s general approach to forest management applied to certified forests under their management.

Go to the Forest Management Plan

Find out more about what the Marlborough Regional Forestry Joint Committee does