Judging is over for the 2019 Cawthron Marlborough Environment Awards and tickets are now on sale for the Awards dinner on 22 March, where the winners will be announced.
Council is the main sponsor of the Awards, which showcase businesses and community groups that are working hard to look after the region’s natural resources.
The awards are held every two years and judges look for entrants who protect and enhance the environment and use resources and energy efficiently.
There are 24 entrants in this year’s Awards.
The Business Innovation category has five finalists:
- Vines Village Café – Green café initiatives
- Smiths Farm Holiday Park – Camping and accommodation
- Waikaitu – Organic seaweed products
- Steadfast Sail – School science programme
- NPF Fibreglass – Remote toilet solutions.