Expressions of interest are sought for a Directorship on the Board of Port Marlborough NZ Ltd.
Port Marlborough plays a key role in Marlborough’s economy, facilitating growth of some of the Region’s most significant and emerging industries including tourism, forestry, wine, fishing and aquaculture.
Port Marlborough has four primary spheres of operation, providing:
- the South Island terminal for inter-island passenger and freight ferries at Picton;
- NZ’s deepest export berth and a second multipurpose berth means that the port can cater not only for all freight movements, but also the world’s largest class of cruise vessel;
- some of the largest marina facilities in NZ, with a combined holding of 1050 berths and the capability to accommodate a further 500 vessels in boat sheds and other storage; and
- substantial property holdings that offer development potential in support of both traditional port and marina activities, and new ventures.
Significant developments in the areas of ferry terminals, marinas and property development are expected in the near future.
The shareholder, MDC Holdings Ltd, is seeking a director who can add diversity to the Board and has:
- demonstrated corporate governance skills;
- an affinity with the Marlborough District;
- either extensive practical commercial, financial and/or organisational management experience;
- an engineering background may also be an advantage; and
- a desire to work within a collegial and professional environment, with significant challenges and opportunities ahead for the organisation.
The term of Directorship is three years, with possible extension to a total of six years from the company’s December Annual General Meeting.
Expressions of interest and curriculum vitae should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 pm on Friday 2 November 2018.