The following operative plan change has been made to the Marlborough Sounds Resource Management Plan and has been incorporated into the Plan.
The purpose of the Plan Change is to make a number of minor amendments and alterations to the provisions of the Plan to:
- Remove redundant provisions;
- Provide greater clarity of the existing provisions to improve implementation
The items subject to this plan change are identified below:
- Definition of ‘Family Flat’
- Setbacks from water bodies
- Clarify that utility provisions apply to “requiring authorities’
- Subdivision Chapter
- Remove references to compliance with Assessment Matters from the rule relating to controlled and discretionary subdivision activities
- Clarify that building platforms must be free from easements and yard setbacks
- Access Standards – Restricted Discretionary Activity
- Access Standards – Local Government Act
- Cross-Lease or Unit Plan Subdivisions
- Deletion of the permitted marine farming activity rules
- Definition of ‘Wineries’
- Amend the definition of ‘Home Occupation’ to reflect the intention that it can only be undertaken by a member of the household, plus one additional person.
- Include drainage channels in the rules requiring discharge setbacks from water bodies
- Remove references to a ‘Hazards’ Register
Introduction of rules to enable Garden Maintenance.
Public Notice of Decision
Public Notice of Summary of Submissions
Public Notice of Notification