Aquaculture Variation Decisions
On 28 April 2023, the Aquaculture Hearing Panel provided its decisions and recommendations on Variation 1: Marine Farming and 1A: Finfish Farming to Council.
Council delegated authority to the Hearing Panel to make decisions on submissions. A withdrawal of a variation does not fall within that delegation and therefore the Hearing Panel have made recommendations to the Council for the part withdrawal of Variation 1 (discrete matters) and the withdrawal of Variation 1A.
Council has considered the reasoning of Hearing Panel to withdraw parts of Variation 1 and all of Variation 1A and on 18 May 2023, in a sitting of Full Council, approved the recommendations. The recommendations of the Hearing Panel are adopted as the decisions of the Marlborough District Council. As of 19 May 2023, the Proposed Marlborough Environment Plan is amended in accordance with these decisions.
On 19 May 2023, the decisions on the variations were publicly notified.
Aquaculture Hearing Panel Decisions and Recommendations
- Decision and Report - Variation 1 Marine Farming (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Decision and Report - Variation 1 Marine Farming - Appendix 1 - List of Appearances at Hearing (PDF, 102.4KB)
- Decision and Report - Variation 1 Marine Farming - Appendix 2 - Variation 1 Provisions as amended by decision (PDF, 23.7MB)
- Decision and Report - Variation 1 Marine Farming - Appendix 3 - Spatial AMA Decisions (PDF, 12.2MB)
- Decision and Report - Variation 1 Marine Farming - Appendix 4 - Inappropriate Marine Farms (PDF, 88KB)
- Decision and Report Apex Marine Farm Limited - Submission Point 112.15 to Variation 1 of the pMEP (PDF, 330.9KB)
- Report and Recommendation Variation 1A - Finfish Farming (PDF, 295.7KB)
Variation 1 provisions
When the variation was notified it included a proposed set of provisions. The decision on the variation uses the notified version of the provisions as a base and shows the Hearing Panel’s decision to these as tracked changes.
Due to the map-based version of Volume 4 - Maps, there is not a tracked changes version of this volume. A link to the relevant planning map is provided below.