Variation 2: Ecologically Significant Marine Sites
Marlborough District Council is proposing to make changes to the Proposed Marlborough Environment Plan (PMEP) through the inclusion of new Ecologically Significant Marine Sites (ESMS) and boundary adjustments to some existing ESMS in the Marlborough Sounds.
The variation specifically proposes to:
- Add 64 new significant sites;
- Adjust the spatial boundaries of 44 existing sites and subsites;
- Amend the category status of one existing sites where no change is made to the site boundary;
- Add ESMS 5.5: Hitaua Bay to standard 18.104.22.168, placing a restriction on the take and use of coastal water;
- Add new sites to Appendix 27 of Volume 3 as applicable (as required by their category rating).
The proposed additions and amendments to ESMS are as identified through Council’s significant marine site survey and monitoring programme
Reports, hearing details and other related information will be posted on the hearing portal as they become available.
This variation is currently open for submissions. Use the submission tool below to have your say. If you are unable to use the online submission tool, please check the public notice in the hearing portal for alternate options. Submissions close at 5.00pm on 11 April 2023.