Variation 2: Ecologically Significant Marine Sites
Marlborough District Council is proposing to make changes to the Proposed Marlborough Environment Plan (PMEP) through the inclusion of new Ecologically Significant Marine Sites (ESMS) and boundary adjustments to some existing ESMS in the Marlborough Sounds.
The variation specifically proposes to:
- Add 64 new significant sites;
- Adjust the spatial boundaries of 44 existing sites and subsites;
- Amend the category status of one existing sites where no change is made to the site boundary;
- Add ESMS 5.5: Hitaua Bay to standard 188.8.131.52, placing a restriction on the take and use of coastal water;
- Add new sites to Appendix 27 of Volume 3 as applicable (as required by their category rating).
The proposed additions and amendments to ESMS are as identified through Council’s significant marine site survey and monitoring programme
Reports, hearing details and other related information will be posted on the hearing portal as they become available.
The period for submissions closed on 11 April 2023 with Council receiving 33 submissions. The summary of the decisions requested was publicly notified on 22 June 2023 and can be found on the ESMS hearing portal.
The period for further submissions closed on 21 July 2023. Please check the ESMS variation hearing portal for updates.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org