Smart Business Marlborough provides a central hub to facilitate business growth and international partnerships, and increase economic activity in Marlborough.
- Are you considering starting a new business in Marlborough?
- Do you want to move your business to Marlborough?
- Do you have expansion or growth opportunities?
If your answer is 'Yes' to any of these questions, Smart Business Marlborough can provide information to help you make decisions.
Smart Business Marlborough is a function of the Economic Development Unit at the Marlborough District Council, aimed at providing current and prospective entrepreneurs with a confidential business support service, including access to various regulatory functions of the Council.
Business Development Advisory Service
Smart Business Marlborough provides a single-window service for advice, support and local information, that can help new and existing businesses to execute their growth plans. Our in-house resources provide a central contact point for businesses to access Council-held information with ease. We have well-developed internal and external networks and can provide advice on how to access other support mechanisms and groups.
This service forms part of the work the Council undertakes to grow Marlborough’s economy, and to support the region in being “Smart + Connected”. Our objective is to enable our business community to achieve success while enjoying a lifestyle that only Marlborough can offer.
Our services include providing information on:
- Resource consent requirements
- Marlborough’s resource management plans
- Building consents
- Roads and water infrastructure
- Land availability
- Local business contacts
- Regional labour availability
- Local marketing and events
- Transport services
- Marlborough’s regional economic profile and statistics
- Marlborough District Council’s Economic Development strategies.
What else do we do?
As part of Smart Business Marlborough, the Council also provides or supports the following services:
- Business Trust Marlborough
- Infometrics Marlborough Economic and Community Data Toolkit
- Marlborough Research Centre
- Screen Marlborough
- Te Tauihu Intergenerational Strategy
Simply contact us to set up a meeting or send us an email.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Smart Business Marlborough
Phone: (03) 520 7400
Business Trust Marlborough is a Marlborough-based start-up business advice service for the small to medium sized entrepreneur.
Marlborough District Council is a funding partner of the Marlborough Research Centre (MRC), a non-profit research organisation operating from two campuses located in Blenheim.
Marlborough District Council has entered into a three-year partnership with Screen Wellington to promote Marlborough as a film-making destination.
The Te Tau Ihu Intergenerational Strategy is a long-term economic development strategy for the Top of the South, incorporating the Marlborough and Nelson-Tasman Districts.