Why Compost With Worms
It's an easy and fun way for people of all ages to recycle kitchen waste as rich compost. Try it!
- Problem-free worm composting can be undertaken all year round, both inside and out. The great advantage of worm composting is that it provides people who have limited space with an effective means of recycling their kitchen wastes. It requires only minimal space, effort and a little knowledge.
- Worms are fun! and make good pets for children. They are an excellent way to help children become environmentally aware and are a fascinating addition to any school's science/environmental curriculum.
- If you are a keen gardener you will already know about the many benefits of compost. Essentially, the addition of compost to your soil replenishes organic matter (humus) which, in turn, improves soil texture, nutrient content, moisture retention and encourages micro-organism activity and plant growth.
- Environmentally it makes good sense. It saves you money by reducing the amount of organic waste going to the landfill. It helps minimise the odorous rubbish bag and the associated hassle when this attracts dogs. It is a simple, cost-effective, natural way of recycling your organic kitchen waste, and conserves a valuable resource.
- Being a natural plant food and soil conditioner, worm compost provides the householder with an excellent high quality material particularly suitable for container growing, but equally as good for enriching the garden.
- Addition of compost to our gardens is probably the best means of enhancement and maintenance of soil fertility in all aspects.