How can we help the Environment?
Previous generations survived very well without the range of manufactured bleaches, sprays, cleaners and powders we use today. So can we if we are prepared to make an effort.
Have a chat with your parents or grandparents or more mature friends. They have a wealth of information and are often happy to share their knowledge in this area.
Basic ingredients serve most cleaning needs:
- softens water
- is a good scouring powder
- acts as a cleanser and freshener
- biodegrades completely
- available in liquid, flakes, powder or bar form
- cuts greases, removes stains
- cuts greases
- helps disinfect
Floor Cleaner - Basic
- basic hot water and pure soap
Floor Cleaner for Cork, Tile, Wood, Lino, Slate Floors
- half cup white vinegar in bucket of hot water
- beeswax, one part lemon juice to two parts olive or vegetable oil or three parts olive oil to two parts vinegar
- small amounts of citronella or Flyswatter Dimp - mix Dettol' and olive oil
- chopped chilli peppers and garlic mixed with pure soap. Spray on plants
- mix one capful of eucalyptus oil with a squeeze of lemon juice and add to your bucket and soak overnight - then rinse
- use pure corn starch powder or make up a paste of baking soda and water. Add a little drop of eucalyptus oil as a freshener.
If you don't want to make your own choose environmentally-friendly alternatives like the ecostore products.