Events on the Harbour
Any person intending to conduct an event or other organised water activity that may have navigation safety implications for participants, spectators or other harbour users, should notify the Harbourmaster of their intentions at least 14 days prior to the event or organised on water activity taking place.
The Harbourmaster may require the event organiser to complete an Event Application Form.
Examples of events that may require an application to be completed include;
- Pyrotechnic (firework) displays on the water
- Organised swimming events
- Regattas - national and local
- Any waterborne element of a triathlon event (swimming or kayaking)
- Kayaking events
- Water-skiing events
- Any local community sports day involving a waterborne event.