The Sports and Events Centre adjacent to the Marlborough District Council's existing Aquatic Centre in central Blenheim provides a major sporting facility on one site.
The multi-purpose Marlborough Lines Stadium 2000, as it is known, incorporates facilities for squash, basketball, tennis, volleyball and various other sports and a state-of-the-art gymnasium. It is available for exhibitions, shows and various other major entertainment or social events.
It provides a wide range of facilities:
- Four squash courts
- Meeting/function rooms and dance studios available for hire
- 200 m2 gymnasium
basketball/netball courts capable of:
- Six volleyball courts
- 12 badminton courts
- Three futsal courts
- Indoor speed and artistic skating
- All indoor sports to an international standard
- Centre court attraction - stadium seating 1,142 people
- Concert facility hosting 2,000 people
- Conference capacity of 900 seated people
- Trade floor space 38m x 64m - capable of partitioning
- Indoor and seasonal outdoor lane pools
- Leisure pool with lazy river
- Children's pools
- Lazy river
- Sauna, steam room and spa pool
The entrance is located on Kinross Street and parking is available.