The Sports and Events Centre adjacent to the Marlborough District Council's existing Aquatic Centre in central Blenheim provides a major sporting facility on one site.
The multi-purpose Marlborough Lines Stadium 2000, as it is known, incorporates facilities for squash, basketball, tennis, volleyball and various other sports and a state-of-the-art gymnasium. It is available for exhibitions, shows and various other major entertainment or social events.
It provides a wide range of facilities:
- Four ASB mobile-wall squash courts
- 200 m2 gymnasium
- Three basketball/netball courts
- six volleyball courts
- 12 badminton courts
- Inline hockey
- Indoor speed and figure skating
- Indoor tennis (Davis Cup standard)
- All indoor sports to an international standard
- Centre court attraction - stadium seating 2,600 people
- Major trade/concert/events:
- A silver service catering capacity for 1,000 people
- Concert facility hosting 4,400 people
- Conference capacity of 3,600 seated people
- Trade floor space 37 m x 60 m - capable of partitioning
- Indoor and outdoor lane pools
- Leisure pool
- Children's pools
- Lazy river
- Sauna, steam room and spa/hydrotherapy pool
The entrance is located on Kinross Street and parking is available.