Schedule of Fees for 2019/2020
- Centenarians are exempt from plot fees.
- Fees for the purchase of an exclusive right of burial or ashes plot ahead of the time the plot is needed are the same as those for a plot purchase as set out in the table below.
- Non-standard interments or extraordinary works required as part of the interment process may incur additional charges on a time and materials basis. Please check with the Council.
- All Council cemeteries are closed to funeral services on Saturday afternoons (after 1.00 pm), Sundays and public holidays as they fall.
- An additional ‘out of district’ fee applies to any person who has not resided in the Marlborough district for a period of three months or more any time during their life.
|Cemetery||2019/2020 Fee effective 1 July 2019|
|Natural burial||Fairhall only||$1,867|
|Burial interment||Fairhall only||$639|
|Registration fee||Fairhall only||$250|
|Burial interment: adult||All cemeteries||$854|
|Burial interment: under 15||All cemeteries||$549|
|Burial interment: 12 months and over to 5||All cemeteries||$220|
|Burial interment: Under 12 months and stillborn||All cemeteries||No charge|
|Ashes interment||All cemeteries||$168|
|Second ashes interment at the same time, same plot and in separate urn||All cemeteries||$83|
|Burial plot: adult||All cemeteries||$,1327|
members in RSA areas at Fairhall, Omaka Picton,
Havelock, Seddon, Rai Valley
|Burial plot: under 15||All cemeteries||$780|
|Burial plot: 12 months to 5||All cemeteries||$390|
|Burial plot: Under 12 months and stillborn||All cemeteries||No charge|
|Ashes beam, wall or plot: all ages||Havelock,
Tua Marina, Fairhall, Picton,
Rai Valley, Ward (once beam is in place)
|Memorial Wall - plaque space||Fairhall and Picton||$250|
|Children's Memorial Ashes Garden||Fairhall||$335|
|Dis-interment of ashes (base fee - final costs based on contractor's charges)||All cemeteries||$151|
|Dis-interment of burial (base fee - final costs based on contractor's charges)||All cemeteries||$2,000|
|Exclusive right of burial administration fee||$30|
|Transfer of exclusive right of burial administration fee||$30|
|Additional fee for burials on Saturday morning||$370|
|Additional fee for graveside services at which attendees remain on site after 4.00 pm on weekdays or after 1.00 pm Saturdays||$100/hr|
|Genealogy search or other enquiry fee (first half hour free)||CSO charge out rate|
|Additional fee for out of district interment (burial)||$715|
|Additional fee for out of district interment (ashes)||$390|
|Concrete cutting when required||Actual cost|