Schedule of Fees for 2021/2022
- Centenarians are exempt from plot fees.
- Fees for the purchase of an exclusive right of burial or ashes plot ahead of the time the plot is needed are the same as those for a plot purchase as set out in the table below.
- Non-standard interments or extraordinary works required as part of the interment process may incur additional charges on a time and materials basis e.g. shoring of graves or the need for use of PPE. Please check with the Council.
- All Council cemeteries are closed to funeral services on Saturday afternoons (after 1.00 pm), Sundays and public holidays as they fall.
- An additional ‘out of district’ fee applies to any person who has not resided in the Marlborough district for a period of three months or more any time during their life.
|Natural Burial||Cemetery||2022/2023 Fee effective 1 July 2022|
|Burial plot||Fairhall only||$3,121|
|Burial interment||Fairhall only||$1,069|
|Registration fee||Fairhall only||$299|
|Interment||Cemetery||2022/2023 Fee effective 1 July 2022|
|Burial interment: adult||All cemeteries||$1,428|
|Burial interment: under 15||All cemeteries||$918|
|Burial interment: 12 months and over to 5||All cemeteries||$367|
|Burial interment: Under 12 months and stillborn||All cemeteries||No charge|
|Ashes interment||All cemeteries||$281|
|Second ashes interment at the same time, same plot and in separate urn||All cemeteries||$139|
|Plot||Cemetery||2022/2023 Fee effective 1 July 2022|
|Burial plot: adult||All cemeteries||$2,218|
|RSA members in RSA areas at Fairhall, Omaka Picton,|
Havelock, Seddon, Rai Valley
|Burial plot: under 15||All cemeteries||$1,304|
|Burial plot: 12 months to 5||All cemeteries||$652|
|Burial plot: Under 12 months and stillborn||All cemeteries||No charge|
|Ashes beam, wall or plot: all ages||Havelock, Seddon, Omaka,|
Tua Marina, Fairhall, Picton,
Rai Valley, Ward (once beam is in place)
|Memorial Wall - plaque space||Fairhall and Picton||$418|
|Children's Memorial Ashes Garden||Fairhall||$560|
|Dis-interment of ashes (base fee - final costs based on contractor's charges)||All cemeteries||$253|
|Dis-interment of burial (base fee - final costs based on contractor's charges)||All cemeteries||$2,167|
|Other charges||Cemetery||2022/2023 Fee effective 1 July 2022|
|Exclusive right of burial administration fee||$35|
|Additional fee for burials on Saturday morning||$401|
|Additional fee for graveside services at which attendees remain on site after 4.00 pm on weekdays or after 1.00 pm Saturdays||$150/hr|
|Genealogy search or other enquiry fee (first half hour free)||CSO charge out rate|
|Additional fee for out of district interment (burial)||$1,196|
|Additional fee for out of district interment (ashes)||$652|
|Concrete cutting when required||Actual cost|