Schedule of Fees for 2022/2023
- Centenarians are exempt from plot fees.
- Fees for the purchase of an exclusive right of burial or ashes plot ahead of the time the plot is needed are the same as those for a plot purchase as set out in the table below.
- Non-standard interments or extraordinary works required as part of the interment process may incur additional charges on a time and materials basis e.g. shoring of graves or the need for use of PPE. Please check with the Council.
- All Council cemeteries are closed to funeral services on Saturday afternoons (after 1.00 pm), Sundays and public holidays as they fall.
- An additional out of district' fee applies to any person who has not resided in the Marlborough district for a period of three months or more any time during their life.
2021/2022 Fee effective 1 July 2021
2022/2023 Fee effective
Burial interment: adult
Burial interment: under 15
Burial interment: 12 months and over to 5
|Burial interment: under 12 months and stillborn||All cemeteries||No charge|
|Ashes interment||All cemeteries||$281|
|Second ashes interment at the same time, same plot and in separate urn||All cemeteries||$139|
Burial plot: adult
RSA members in RSA areas
Burial plot: under 15
Burial plot: 12 months to 5
Burial plot: Under 12 months and stillborn
Ashes beam, wall or plot:
Havelock, Seddon, Omaka,
Memorial Wall - plaque space
Fairhall and Picton
Dis-interment of ashes
Dis-interment of burial
2022/2023 Fee effective 1 July 2022
Exclusive right of burial administration fee
Additional fee for burials on Saturday morning
Additional fee for graveside services at which attendees remain on site after 4.00 pm on weekdays or after 1.00 pm Saturdays
Genealogy search or other enquiry fee
CSO charge out rate
Additional fee for out of district interment (burial)
Additional fee for out of district interment (ashes)
Concrete cutting when required