Providing your Data to Council


Marlborough is at Orange

Marlborough is at Orange level of the Covid-19 Protection Framework (the traffic light system).

Share this page


Providing your Data to Council

Submitting your data

When your meter has been installed, you will need to record and submit your water take/use data to Council.

Please remember, the recording and reporting frequency of water take data to Council is dependent on conditions written into your consent and/or the water metering regulations. Always follow to the stricter of the two.

There are a number of ways that your water take/use can be reported.

  • Manually record your water use and email to Council. Please note; this process is being phased out.
  • Directly enter your data into Council's Water Meter Web Page via your own secure login.
  • Or via Telemetry which will automatically record your take volume for you and transfer it directly to Council. Telemetered data can be viewed on the Water Meter Web Page.


Telemetry provides an economical and efficient method to access remote data instantly, saving time and costs by eliminating manual data collection, and assisting with reporting water take to Council.

Monitoring of water take is only one function of telemetry and the Marlborough District Council is encouraging users to explore the full range of management tools made available through telemetry, by also monitoring soil moisture and pump status. Many systems are also able to send text and email alarms.

Telemetry providers

Marlborough District Council is not able to specify a particular supplier or system; we recommend that you talk to the Blue Tick registered providers to find out what functions and services they can provide you.

Entering Readings Manually Online

All water permits in Marlborough have conditions around the recording and reporting of water take and/or water use.

Go to the Water Meter web page