Food Control Plan
Template food control plans are designed for:
- Food service businesses - eg; (restaurants, caf, takeaways, caterers, mobile operators, operators of residential care facilities).
- Food retail businesses - eg; butcher, fishmonger, retail baker, delicatessen, service station or dairy.
A food control plan (FCP) is a comprehensive plan for managing food safety. MPI developed templates to make creating your plan easier.
Two templates are available. Choose the one that you think will work best in your business.
- Simply safe and suitable template - simplified version describing what you need to know, do and show. Includes a tool kit to help you develop records that apply to your business.
- Food control plan: Food service and food retail - based on earlier versions of the template which provides more detailed descriptions.
All template FCPs will be registered and verified periodically by the Council.
Do you primarily wholesale? Are you a manufacturer of a high risk product? You must register a custom food control plan with MPI.
Custom Food Control Plans - eg; manufacturers of high-risk food which you sell to other businesses:
- meals and prepared food, food for vulnerable populations (infants or the elderly), meat, poultry or fish products, dairy products, commercially sterilised food products, vegetable and other protein products, ready-to-eat salads, non-shelf-stable condiments, processed egg products, wholesale baked goods (when more than just bread is made).
A custom FCP is a plan you develop specifically to suit your business. In your plan, you need to identify the food safety risks involved in what you do, and show how you will manage them. You can chose to base your plan on the template FCP by using any relevant pages. Custom FCPs are registered with MPI.