Applying for a code compliance certificate


COVID-19 Orange level information

Marlborough is at the Orange level of the COVID-19 Protection Framework (the traffic light system). See information relating to Council services under this alert level.

Share this page


Applying for a code compliance certificate

Ultimately it is the responsibility of the Owner to apply for the Code Compliance Certificate (CCC), although an Agent acting on behalf of the Owner can apply for the CCC.

You must apply for the CCC for the consented works. The CCC application must be on Form 6 of the Building (forms) Regulations 2004; this form must be filled out in full with all relevant sections completed.

The Form 6 applications are checked by building control staff to ensure they are completed in full and correctly, if it is found the form is not completed correctly, CCC cannot be issued until this is remedied.

Additional information may also need to be provided with the CCC application, this may include:

  • Energy certificates
  • As laid drainage plans
  • Producer Statements, PS4 Construction Review, PS3 Construction.
    Go to Produce Statement web page with PS3 form
  • Evidence that Specified Systems are capable of performing to the performance standard set out in the building consent.
  • Any information that was requested during the building inspections and has not yet been supplied.
  • Any other relevant information

For a full list of the information required check the building consent, building consent attachments and the building inspection notes. Once all the information required has been collected and the CCC application (Form 6) has been completed in full, provide the information to building control by emailing it to the building administration team.

Email the building consent admin team

Alternatively you can drop the information into Council in either our Blenheim or Picton service centres:

Marlborough District Council
15 Seymour Street

Picton Service Centre and Library
2 Dublin Street