Water Supply Updates via the Antenno App
We now have a new way of keeping you in touch with water supply updates. We’ll be using an app called Antenno, which is free to download.
The Riverlands water supply was first developed in 1970 to service the Riverlands Industrial Estate east of Blenheim. A well and pumping station were installed at the end of Malthouse Road. Water was taken from the well by surface pumps that operated continuously to meet demand
Adjacent to the Riverlands Industrial Estate is the Cloudy Bay Business Park (CBBP). CBBP is an industrial development of the former Primary Producers Cooperative Society (PPCS) meat processing plant and surrounding land. In 2002 the PPCS plant closed and the privately owned water and wastewater infrastructure was purchased by the Council. This included two bores at Hardings Road and a 4,500 m³ concrete reservoir and associated reticulation. In 2003, 1500 m of 375 mm diameter pipe was laid to connect the CBBP site with the Riverlands Industrial Estate. The Riverlands supply remains primarily for industrial use and the estates are now occupied by several major wineries that have seen very significant growth in recent years.
Water metering was installed on installation of the scheme.
Fees and forms
See information on charges:
Apply for connection or disconnection application forms: