FAQs - LBPs, IQPs, Plans, Designers, Builders


COVID-19 Red level information

Like the rest of New Zealand, Marlborough moved to the Red level of the Covid-19 Protection Framework (the traffic light system) at 11.59 pm on Sunday 23 January.

Share this page


FAQs - LBPs, IQPs, Plans, Designers, Builders

  • We cannot. We recommend that you do an internet search or check the Yellow pages and make your own choice.

  • Council strongly recommends that you see a suitably qualified design professional to help you navigate the building consent process, as applying for a building consent and showing how the building work will comply with the Building Act and Building Code can be complicated. Additionally some building design work can only be carried out by someone with a suitable qualification or licence to do so.

  • Council does not offer a design service and neither does it give technical advice. You should talk to an architect, architectural designer, engineer or the product manufacturer.

    If you need this advice you should use a professional to draw the plans.

  • Information can be found on the Licensed Building Practitioners Register.

    Go to the Licensed Building Practitioners Register

  • If you are undertaking restricted building work, as identified by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), a Licensed Building Practitioner will be required.

    For more information about the use of licensed people for restricted building work see the MBIE website.

    Go to the MBIE website

    Alternatively you can direct your inquiry to the Licensed Building Practitioner call centre on 0800 60 60 50

  • You need to contact the Timaru District Council who appoint all IQPs for the South Island.

    A list of all approved IQPs can be located on the Timaru District Council's website.

    Go to the Timaru District Council's website