- Most banks are set up for this and know our bank account number and the required format for information - select "Marlborough District Council-Rates" from your bank's list of registered payees. Tell your bank the amount you want to pay on, or before, the penalty date shown on your current rates instalment notice.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the full amount of the instalment is paid by the due date.
- You will be charged a penalty of 10% of the instalment amount remaining unpaid on the ‘last date for payment’. In addition a further penalty of 10% will be added to all rates and charges that remain unpaid on 30 June.
- Our bank details:
- Bank: BNZ
- Account Name: Marlborough District Council-Rates
- Bank Account Number: 02-0600-0202861-02
Information that you must enter when setting up the payment so it is shown clearly on our bank statement:
Your six digit property number is required (top right hand corner of your rates invoice) for the reference and use the word "rates" for the code. Your name.
Make a separate payment for each property.
If paying from overseas your bank requires our Swift BIC code: BKNZNZ22.