Leaving or Moving to Marlborough


COVID-19 Orange level information

Marlborough is at the Orange level of the COVID-19 Protection Framework (the traffic light system). See information relating to Council services under this alert level.

Share this page


Leaving or Moving to Marlborough

Transfer of registration

Leaving Marlborough

If you or your dog move to another area, you need to inform both Marlborough District Council and the council in your new area within six weeks.

Please supply the following information in writing to Animal Control:

  • Your name
  • Your dog's registration disc number (you'll receive a new one)
  • Your old and new addresses
  • Your daytime phone number
  • The date you moved or expect to move

Moving to Marlborough

If you and your dog have moved to Marlborough, you can transfer your dog's registration (as long as it is current) for no charge. You will need to complete the dog registration form.

See dog registration form

Enclose your dog's existing registration disc/tag and:

  • Send it to Animal Control or
  • Drop it off at Animal Control or Council's Customer Service Centres in Blenheim or Picton

Contact us

Go to Animal Control

Go to Council's contact us page